Microsoft’s LAPS Password Management now has a secure Web UI
Cayosoft Administrator’s free web-based Active Directory Management solution comes complete with support for Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS) password management. LAPS provides the ability to manage local administrative passwords individually and thereby reducing the chances of later movement should one workstation be compromised.
Features and Benefits of Cayosoft’s LAPS Web UI
- LAPS Admins do not need a privileged account due to Cayosoft’s 3-Tier architecture
- Easy to deploy and uses your existing Microsoft’s LAPS installation
- Role based delegation to specific Admins who can access LAPS Privileged Passwords
- Easily copy password To Clipboard
- Add comments to identify use or items of note
- View existing password expiration date and time
- Set a new password expiration date and time
How to setup a Web UI for LAPS Password Management
- Go to the Cayosoft Free AD Tools page and download the Cayosoft Installer
- Run setup and install Cayosoft Administrator.
- Open Cayosoft Administrator and follow the setup wizard.
- Enable the LAPS password web action following these instructions.
- Assign role based access to the admins who will use LAPS Web Portal following these instructions.