The best way to manage & optimize Office 365 Licensing
Tenant Change Notification
Reclaim License on Terminations
License usage analysis by user and by organizational layout
Savings through license optimization
The price difference between an E5 license and a Mailbox license was $372 per user per year. Without the ability to accurately analyze usage, costs quickly add-up and features that could increase productivity go unused. Cayosoft’s License Usage Analytics, License Cost Minimization Rules and Billing Reporting delivers the visibility and control that will allows any organization to get the most out of the organization’s Microsoft Office 365 License investment.
IT Challenge: How can I simplify Office 365 License Management
Microsoft’s Office 365 licensing plans are perhaps the most flexible Microsoft has ever offered. Whether operating as a large corporation, small business, non-profit organization or an educational institution, Office 365 provides a multitude of options for each. But with this flexibility comes complexity. Organizations often choose a mix of plans as well as a mix of features to enable or disable. As a result, challenges with proper distribution of licenses, proper option settings, accurate internal billing procedures, and bulk license updates arise. To make matters worse, some users may be “over-licensed” and not using the features they are given. Identifying these under used licenses is difficult and as a result the organization does not receive the best return on the Office 365 investment.
The Solution: Office 365 License Lifecycle Management
Cayosoft’s Rule based license assignments target users and automatically assigns the exact license and options they require. Rules also allow the administrator to setup on-going option enforcement so that users are not disrupted by unintended license changes. Rules-based administration also has a distinct advantage manual check-box assignment provided in Office 365 because makes it unnecessary to update every user account just to assign licenses. Cayosoft License Quotas let you Divvy-up licenses and assign a pool of your tenant licenses to line-of-business or OU admins. Cayosoft license usage monitoring also allows you to quicly determine if a user is over-licensed and make adjustments by lowering the license (and cost) or offering additional training to maximize the investment in Office 365.
Automatic License Assignment with Rules
- Automatically assign licenses to new users by Usage Location, Department or other meta data.
- Validate existing users have been assigned the correct SKUs and plan options.
- Migrate users from old license plans to new license plans when needed.
Superior control over manual license management
- Unified and easy-to-use use web portal where licensing and other tasks are performed.
- Make it easier for day-to-day administrators or help desk to understand and correctly assign licenses by showing, hiding or marking read-only any unnecessary or necessary licenses and/or options.
- Eliminate the need for administrators Allow licenses to be assigned using license pools and Active Directory groups.
Rules define how users that will receive a license
When a new license assignment rule is created, the user first determines the set of target users that will receive the new license assignment. These target users can be identified by the attributes in Office 365 including, but not limited to un-licensed users, users in a specific group, location or department.
- Define the license to be assigned – Once the target list of users is identified, the license plan to be assigned is entered along with any options to be disabled during the assignment. For example, users may be assigned an E3 plan with SharePoint or Planner options disabled.
- On-going Automatic License Verification – The last piece to be configured for license assignment is on-going enforcement. Enforcement determines how frequently the license rule is applied against Office 365. The typical options for scheduling Office 365 license management are provided.
True Hybrid Functionality – Assign & Report On Licenses
- Compliance reporting to verify License by Active Directory Group (including disabled plans)
- Enforce the correct License plan for Active Directory Group members (including disabled plans)
License During User Provisioning
In addition to scheduled enforcement, the license assignment rule can be run automatically, immediately after another rule has run. For example, it may be desirable for license assignment to occur immediately after a rule that creates Office 365 user accounts runs. License assignment Rules can also be executed manually by an administrator so licenses assigned is performed on-demand.
Visibility & Internal Billing Reporting for Office 365 License Management
Rules can also be configured to create reports or send e-mails showing the results of Office 365 license management assignments. Pre-built reports that detail existing license assignments by user are also available. In the same way users are selected for license assignment, pre-built reports can also be filtered showing the desired users.
Monitor License Usage and Optimize License Investment
License usage analytics provides incite into how licensed services are being used by each user. This detail allows the administrator to adjust the license or suggest additional training to optimize the license’s use or reduce licensing costs.
The only unified and modern administrative platform
The Cayosoft Administrator Platform is the only unified and extensible platform that solves critical IT problems across multiple Microsoft Systems like Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business Server and Office 365. Cayosoft’s Rules enforce least privileged admin permission assignment for maximize security, Rules control how tasks are performed for optimized efficiency and to sustain compliance. Cayosoft Administrator is the only modern platform build with on-premises, cloud and hybrid management in mind.